BTE (Behind the Ear) hearing aids usually have an earmould which is custom-made to fit within the outer ear. Connected to this is a plastic case containing the electronic parts, which lies discreetly behind the ear.
Technological advances have made modern day digital hearing aids extremely powerful and BTE hearing aids are the most flexible of those available on the market. They are suitable for mild to severe hearing loss and can provide an excellent solution for the majority of users. Today BTE hearing aids are used more than any other type.
Advantages of Behind the Ear hearing aids:
– BTE Hearing Aids are designed to minimise feedback and the comparatively larger size of them (compared to Completely in Canal hearing aids for example) means they have space for a complex circuitry system, allowing for many customised options
– They are the most durable hearing aids available
– They provide more amplification than any other type of hearing devices
– They are suitable for those with any type or degree of hearing loss
– They are easy to clean and adjust, of particular importance to you if you have reduced dexterity
Finding the Right BTE Hearing Aid
After your hearing test and discussion with our hearing aid specialist, if you decide a BTE hearing aid is the one for you, we’ll help you choose a device, take your measurements and when your hearing aid is made and delivered, you will be fitted by our specialist who will program the device to meet your exact needs.
We will also show you how to easily remove them. You may choose to wear them all day and simply take them out at night, but you must always remove your BTE hearing aids when bathing, showering or swimming.
Fill out the form below to book your hearing test and consultation, or contact us to arrange over the phone on 9350 6311.